If at first you don’t succeed try, try and try again!

I have been mulling this blog post over for a week or so, not because it’s controversial but because sometimes the old brain is a touch on the slow side.

Although Heidi is now 8 months old I still class myself as a new mum as I am learning and living very much by trial and error which means sometimes I absolutely nail it and am stuck in smug mode for a few days OR it goes completely tits up and it makes me want to avoid whatever situation it was that went wrong! FOR EXAMPLE the other night I thought it would be a good idea to take Heidi to the end of season dinner for the rounders team I play for. Dan was teaching so was unavailable to have her so she came with me. My friend picked us up and Heidi cried pretty much the whole way there, then when we got to the pub she was hungry but there was a billion things to look at so distracted which means my boob was on display as she couldn’t decide on feeding or being nosey. Then she just whinged the ENTIRE time, my friend took her for me so I could eat my dinner and she was fine then as she could look at everything and everyone but I got home that night and thought OH MY GOD I AM NEVER EVER DOING THAT AGAIN! 

So naturally after the hell that was the meal out, a few days after we went to a gig where Dan was playing, I was slightly dreading it due to the previous experience but this time she was a bloody superstar, so easy, really happy and basically made me look like a pro! 

I suppose what I am getting at is something I have talked about before: when it goes wrong chuck it in the f**k it bucket and try again. Sometimes you have a day or evening where your baby will make it look like you have no clue, you feel like you have no clue, you look at all the other parents and make comparisons usually doing yourself down and it’s all just a stressy mess. However, if you can get out of the house again and try and forget the shenanigans from the negative experience it will eventually get easier and you will have a nice time. You just have to take the good with the bad. 



Comments

Popular Posts