Long time no blog

Well I am feeing Christmassy. I can’t help it 😆 I think it’s because it will be Heidi’s first Christmas and she will be old enough to enjoy looking at and likely pull down the Christmas tree. She is 10 months and almost crawling, she can move backwards and turn herself around but she can’t quite go forward, it’s funny but I do feel for her it must be so frustrating! 

Dan and I have been laughing because she was so small when she was born and we were so scared of holding her as she was so tiny but now we indulge her love for mad bastard mode and chuck her about all over the show…… don’t panic, we don’t actually throw her but it is compared to how delicate we used to be with her! 

Given this blog was supposed to be about what we find useful I have recently bought a changing bag off Amazon which is brilliant. Now she is bigger I needed a bigger bag but I didn’t want a massive one as the small one didn’t fit her spare clothes along with her toys and any food that I might need to take for her. The one I have found is great as it is a back pack and it has plenty of space without being colossal! Link here - https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07S693P45?ref=ppx_pop_dt_b_asin_image&th=1 

Interestingly now Heidi is 10 months old I keep being asked if I am still feeding her…… well obviously I don’t let the kid go hungry but they are on about breastfeeding and the answer is YES and it will be yes for quite a while yet. We have such a funny view on breastfeeding in our society. People think it’s odd to still be feeding a 1 year old yet it’s not odd to replace breast milk with cows milk for baby cows which nature didn’t intend for baby humans that is acceptable……  make it make sense!! I plan on feeding Heidi until she is 2 or if she decides to self wean sooner that’s fine. But feeding a toddler is completely normal and is indeed exactly what nature intended. Breast milk changes its composition to continually meet the needs of the infant at the time which is just bloody incredible if you ask me. I have found so much out about it that continuously blows my bloody mind because it’s incredible! 


Right enough babbling there isn’t much of a theme to this blog other than all of it all at once because that’s what my brain is doing tonight! 





Comments

Popular Posts